Looking for the most delicious, moist, decadent Christmas brownies made from scratch?! Here you have ’em! These are the BEST easy triple chocolate peppermint Oreo brownies, and they’re incredibly simple to throw together! No-fail, outrageously moist brownie recipe everyone will absolutely love!
Seriously, these peppermint Oreo brownies are so delicious. They’re so moist, so full of flavor, and they taste homemade without much effort.
Perfect dessert to make for Christmas potlucks, holiday parties, or just for a fun family evening at home watching Christmas movies. And, they’re so simple to make that even kids can help you make ’em!
I’ll walk you through the easy steps!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Basic kitchen tools you’ll need:
- Stand mixer or hand mixer (or a large mixing bowl & a strong arm for stirring)
- Square baking dish
Let’s get baking!
Step 1: Make brownie batter & spread half in the baking dish
Preheat oven to 350.
Whip up the brownie batter (recipe at the bottom of the post) and spread half of it into a greased square baking dish.
Step 2: Place mint Oreos on top of brownie batter
Place the Oreos in rows on the bottom half of the brownie batter. This is the part that kids can help with – my 4-year-old helped me layer these on here. 🙂
Step 3: Spread remaining batter on top
Spread the second half of the brownie batter on top of the Oreos. It’s ok if you can’t fully cover them – it’ll spread out while baking. Just try to spread it as evenly as possible. I sprinkled on some extra peppermint chips so you could see them better after baking. I like seeing texture in my foods. 🙂
Step 4: Bake & enjoy!
You’ll bake the brownies for about 20-25 minutes (check them at 20 – you’d rather have ’em too gooey than over-cooked!), remove from oven, and set aside to begin cooling. Serve up really warm or serve ice cold – they’re delicious either way because of that mint in there!
It also doesn’t hurt to serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. For those of us in the south who don’t always have a cold Christmas, sometimes we just make up for the lack of snow by eating cold things. 🙂
Look at those gorgeous & delicious brownies!
If you want to make them extra festive, spread some Christmas sprinkles on top of the batter before you bake them.
These peppermint brownies are SO good and one of the easiest and most delicious recipes you’ll make from scratch! Enjoy with family and friends this Christmas season!
If you love chocolate peppermint desserts (especially simple ones!), try out this peppermint s’mores dip – outrageously easy and so yummy!
Love this recipe idea and want to remember it later? Be sure to pin it to your favorite Pinterest board!
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 c unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c Andes chocolate chips (mint chocolate pieces)
- 16 Oreos or chocolate sandwich cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time and mix until they're completely blended into the butter and sugar.
- Mix in cocoa, flour, and salt.
- Once the batter is completely blended together, fold in the chocolate chips & mint chips (reserve some mint chips for the very top) and stir.
- In a square 8x8" or 9x9" lightly greased glass baking dish, pour in HALF of the brownie batter and spread evenly on the bottom.
- Line the 16 cookies evenly across the batter.
- Add the remaining brownie batter on top of the cookies and spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle some mint chips across the top.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or allow to cool and then chill in the fridge and serve cold. These are good either way!