If you’re looking for the absolute best breakfast casserole recipe ever, you’ve come to the right spot. With only a few minutes of prep work and a handful of ingredients, this protein-packed (and actually healthy) breakfast casserole will become a family favorite. This breakfast casserole is great fresh out of the oven, as a make-ahead casserole, or as leftovers.
You can officially stop looking for the best breakfast casserole recipe on earth. This is it, folks!
This casserole will make you want to go to sleep at night just so you can wake up and eat it for breakfast.
Or you could just eat it for supper.
Then, go to sleep, have sweet dreams about it, and wake up and eat it again for breakfast.
Oh, and that reminds me, this makes great leftovers!
This delicious, protein-packed breakfast casserole is easily one of my top 5 favorite dishes around here. I prepare it very regularly – it’s just SO easy to assemble, it is always a favorite when we have guests, and even when we don’t, it’s perfect to make early in the week and to eat as leftovers for a few days. It’s just so darn good.
We typically eat this casserole just as it is, but I’ve also scooped it into a warm tortilla, slathered some salsa on it, and called it a breakfast taco. We like to live on the wild side around here.
If you want to dress it up even more, you can add some jalapenos, green chiles, spinach, or diced bell peppers. You’ll also be thrilled to know that it freezes and reheats well!
If you’re looking for a breakfast casserole that’s truly easy, delicious, and healthy, this is a GREAT one to choose. It never fails – it is always a winner! Pair it with a delicious fruit salad and a slice of banana bread, and you have yourself the perfect breakfast!
Want to save this delicious recipe to remember later? Be sure to pin it to your favorite Pinterest board!
The Best (and Easiest!) Breakfast Casserole Recipe Ever
- 1/2 lb light ground pork sausage
- 6 eggs
- 4 c frozen shredded hashbrowns thawed
- 1 24 oz container low fat cottage cheese I use small curd
- 8 oz light shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown meat in skillet over medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Stir in cottage cheese, hashbrowns, and cheese.
- Add cooked sausage and stir until well-blended.
- Pour egg mixture into lightly greased 9x13" pan.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes. Bake for an additional 5 minutes if you insert a knife in it after 40 and it doesn't come out clean!