Add a few fun toppings into a bowl of white, red, and green chopped fruit and you’ve got yourself a fun, festive, and healthy Christmas morning fruit salad! Enjoy this healthy option alongside some delectable family favorites.
With the holiday season full of rich and delectable dishes, I figured a healthy breakfast option to accompany some other foods on your table might be appreciated.
It’s fun to have festive options – something kinda special – for Christmas Day, so I thought I’d share this super simple (and delicious!) fruit salad idea in case you’re wanting to enjoy both healthy & festive on Christmas morning!
I’ve learned from my in-laws that one of the easiest ways to dress-up a bowl of chopped fruit is by adding some fun toppings that add flavor, texture, and a little color to each bite.
Rather than considering this to be an actual recipe, just consider this a list of mini tips of how to make a fruit salad a little more “Christmas-y.”
Chop up some fruits with green, red, and white in them – I used fruit that was on sale when I made this last week: green pears, kiwis, and red apples. But, you could also throw in strawberries, chopped bananas (since they’re white on the inside), green apples, pomegranate, and/or raspberries. No rules here other than trying to stick with festive colors!
Then, after you’ve chopped up your fruit, add in a few toppings to give that fruit salad a festive boost. Add in some nuts for the crunch, and then add in some coconut for an extra pop of white (and it kind of looks like snow, right?!), as well as some maraschino cherries to add in a burst of Christmas red.
Stir it up, and there you have it! Doesn’t get much easier than that, right?!
Such a great, healthy option to add to your table for breakfast on Christmas morning!
Enjoy this yummy fruit salad alongside some family favorites as you celebrate Christmas together! Check out this fruit salad recipe paired with two other simple recipes to make for a super easy Christmas morning breakfast menu!
Love this idea and want to remember it for later? Be sure to pin it to your favorite Pinterest board!
- Chopped red, green, and white fresh fruit (red & green apples, green pears, strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate, sliced bananas, and kiwis)
- Chopped nuts (pecans , walnuts, and/or almonds)
- Shredded sweetened coconut
- Maraschino cherries (without the stems)
- Chop the fresh fruit and add to a fruit bowl - just however much fruit you want to use to serve the number of people who will be eating it.
- Add the three toppings - chopped nuts, coconut, and cherries - to your liking.
- Enjoy with some family favorite dishes around the breakfast table on Christmas morning!