Looking for a delicious and quick Christmas cake recipe? This easiest EVER moist red velvet cake recipe, made with pudding mix and a quick cream cheese drizzle, is a SUPER moist, simple recipe that everyone will love!
You know, I’m all about baking from scratch, but I’m not afraid to use a box of cake mix if it’s going to produce a fantastic cake that tastes homemade.
My family absolutely loves this pistachio cake, made with cake mix and pudding mix, so I decided to see what other combinations I could make with similar ingredients but different flavors.
I tried this red velvet variation, and it was such a winner! If you’re looking for a shortcut recipe for a cake that still tastes homemade, give this one a try! It’s SO easy to throw together!
All you do is quickly whip up the ingredients for the cake…
Pour it in a greased Bundt cake pan…
Make a super fast cream cheese drizzle (we’re talking 2 minutes to make from start to finish!)…
And then drizzle the cream cheese icing on the cooled cake!
Boom, you’re done, and WOWEE it is deeeelish!
It is such a dense, moist, flavorful cake that everyone will love!
For the cake:
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 5.1 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 1 c water
For the cream cheese drizzle:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (room temp)
- 2 tbsp butter, softened (room temp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour cake mix and pudding mix into a bowl. Using a stand or a hand mixer, begin mixing the dry ingredients together and slowly blend in the water.
- Pour in the vegetable oil and continue to mix.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing between additions.
- Pour batter into well-greased Bundt cake pan and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes (go ahead and check at 42-43 minutes with a toothpick; if it comes out clean, remove from oven).
- Set aside to cool in pan for about 10 minutes, and then transfer cake to a rack to continue cooling.
- Using a stand or a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together until creamy - about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add in vanilla. Add powdered sugar about 1/2 c at a time, mixing between additions.
- You can drizzle on the cooled cake using a spoon, or to get a really even drizzle, spoon icing into a large Ziplock baggie, cut a small hole out of the corner of the bag, and drizzle onto the cake.
To make the cake:
To make the cream cheese drizzle:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.