As much as I love and prefer a chocolate dessert, these snickerdoodle cookies are irresistible! I think I originally got the recipe from here. I’ve been making them for years, and we love them. These cookies are definitely a favorite of ours.
I hope they’ll be some of your favorites, too!
And, while they’re completely delightful to eat by themselves, I’d be remiss if I didn’t share an additional way to eat them.
drizzled with drenched in homemade caramel sauce.
Folks, if you haven’t tried this before, drop everything you’re doing, make these cookies, plop a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, pour some homemade caramel sauce on there, and savor the joys of life.
The recipe for the snickerdoodles is below, and you can find the homemade caramel sauce here. Please, share the goodness with all of your family and friends! It’s impossible to contain joy like this!
- 1 c unsalted butter softened
- 1 3/4 c white granulated sugar divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 c flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Using a stand or a hand mixer, cream butter and 1 1/2 c sugar together.
- Continue mixing and add eggs one at a time.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, mixing the batter between each addition.
- In a separate shallow bowl (or perhaps a plate), mix remaining 1/4 c sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Once the cookie dough is thoroughly mixed, roll a piece of dough into a 1-inch ball.
- Roll the dough in the sugar and cinnamon to coat the entire surface. Place dough ball on nonstick cookie pan.
- Repeat until you fill the pan with dough balls - probably 12 - and place the pan in the preheated oven on the middle rack.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes and remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Repeat steps 6-9 until you run out of dough!