This one-pot shepherd’s pie soup is an absolutely delicious and healthy meal! Full of veggies, protein, and flavor, it’s perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, to make for a crowd, or for fall and winter potlucks!
I’ve found you can convert just about any casserole recipe into a soup recipe, so I gave it a shot with my Shepherd’s Pie recipe, and I am in love! This Shepherd’s Pie Soup is delicious and a great alternative to the casserole if you’re looking for the same flavor, heartiness and nutrition but want to do a less work to get supper on the table.
Still has all the same flavor and wonderful texture of the casserole, but making it in soup form means you can make everything in one pot, you don’t have to prep the mashed potato topping, and you don’t have to turn the oven on and bake the casserole.
Plus, just look at this! It’s a gorgeous soup.
I’m all for flavor, color, and texture!
And, just like the casserole, this soup makes great leftovers and it freezes well!
Grab the recipe below and gather with your loved ones around the dinner table to enjoy this yummy dish!
Doesn’t this sound delicious?! Be sure to save it to your favorite Pinterest board to remember the recipe!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 c diced sweet or yellow onion
- 1 c diced carrots
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 squash diced
- 5-7 small golden potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp paprika
- Dash of garlic salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 5 c beef broth
- 1 c frozen peas
- 1 c frozen corn
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven, begin browning ground beef over medium heat.
- When beef is about halfway done cooking, add the onions and carrots and continue cooking until meat is no longer pink.
- Add zucchini, squash, potatoes, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic salt, pepper, sugar, and broth to the beef. Stir until well blended.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and allow to simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes and other vegetables are soft.
- Add frozen peas and corn and continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes or until they thaw and heat up with the rest of the soup.