These easy crock pot cheesy caprese dip is SO simple to make and it’s absolutely delicious! It’s a fun take on queso, but it includes all real ingredients. As delicious as good ‘ole processed cheese is, this stuff is delicious without it!
It’s incredibly easy to assemble, too – you toss all of the ingredients in the slow cooker minus the fresh basil and tomatoes, give them a little stir, and let the crock pot do most of the heavy lifting. This delicious dip only takes about 10 minutes total of prep work, including chopping the fresh tomatoes and basil.
A perfect hearty snack for easy entertaining – for casual potlucks, parties, tailgating events, or just to hang out with family and friends over some good food!
I know you’ll love this easy crock pot cheesy caprese queso! If you’re looking for other easy dips to make for having company, here’s a few that take just minutes to make:
- My absolute favorite guacamole (y’all, it is so good!) – ready in about 10 minutes
- Restaurant-style salsa – less than 10 minutes of prep!
- Easy Greek layer dip – healthy and all of a couple of minutes of prep!
- Bean and corn salsa – 2 minutes of prep, tops!
Want to save this tasty recipe for later?! Be sure to save this pin to your favorite Pinterest board!
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- 16 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c whole milk
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 can Italian-style diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 c chopped fresh tomatoes + a little extra for garnish
- 1/4 c chopped fresh basil + a little extra for garnish
- Pita chips for serving
- Add everything except the fresh tomatoes and fresh basil to the slow cooker. Stir, cover, and set cooker on low for two hours.
- Stir queso occasionally during the two hours. At the end of two hours, stir in the fresh basil and tomatoes, and cook on low for an additional 15 minutes.
- Keep queso in crock pot, or transfer to a glass/ceramic dish, garnish with extra basil and tomatoes, and serve with pita chips.
- Enjoy with family and friends!