This, my friends, is Creamy-Beany-Cheesy-Guaca-Salsa.
In other words, it’s 7 Layer Dip. But it’s so much more than that. It’s absolutely delicious and it’s actually kind of good for you. Lots of protein, lots of veggies, and not a lot of fat! Wahoo!
And it’s just in time for summer – the season that gives us longer days (and thus more time during the day to eat delicious food?) and hopefully a little more flexibility to spend good ‘ole quality time with folks!
Aaron’s responsible for naming this dip of deliciousness. I’d be a fool not to keep it. It’s almost as fun to eat as it is to say. Creamy-beany-cheesy-guaca-salsa. Creamy-beany-cheesy-guaca-salsa.
On top of being super fun to eat and say, it’s pretty fun to make, too!
Alright, c’mon – throw this layer of yumminess together, invite the neighbors over, and have yourself a flavor fest around your kitchen table!
- 1 16oz can fat free refried beans
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 c guacamole*
- 16 oz container of low fat sour cream (you can also try plain Greek yogurt, or perhaps do a mix of the two)
- Juice from 1/2 lime (about a tablespoon)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 c salsa**
- 3 c chopped fresh spinach & lettuce (combined to make 3 c total)
- 3/4 c chopped fresh tomatoes (I use 2 Roma tomatoes)
- 1 c shredded light cheddar cheese
*You can use store-bought guacamole, but I would highly recommend making and using my recipe for guac! It is so good and that's what I always use!
**Same with the salsa - you can use store-bought salsa, but I always use my homemade salsa. It is so fresh and so tasty! Check out both recipes on the blog!