Alright friends, here’s another one of those SUPER simple, easy-to-throw-together-in-a-hurry dip recipes I’m excited to share with you!
This 2 Minute Straight-Out-of-the-Pantry Salsa is extra special, simply because I’ve been on a mission to come up with a few snack recipes that you can throw together from things you can keep on hand. This salsa is something you can create from ingredients stored in your pantry – just grab the ingredients next time you’re grocery shopping, and then you can throw a salsa together any time the need for it arrives!
Which, will probably be tomorrow, because the need for salsa pretty much arrives every day. Right?
Here’s the first set of pantry ingredients:
Add some seasonings and spices:
The most work you’ll do to create this salsa is draining the cans of corn and beans.
I know, super heavy lifting. I hope we can handle it.
While you can certainly add fresh ingredients to this salsa – fresh jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice – you don’t NEED to. My mission was to have a little bank of recipes that we can turn to when a) we’re in a hurry, and b) we don’t have the ability to go to the store to make a snack/appetizer for when company’s coming, especially on short notice.
Don’t let food prep get in the way of getting together with folks! Let’s make it easy!
I’m certain you’ll bring smiles to any gathering you attend or anything you host at your house with this easy salsa!
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 15 oz can yellow corn drained
- 1 11 oz can shoepeg corn drained
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Dashes of salt & pepper to taste
- About 1-2 tsp bottled lime juice to taste
- Optional: fresh cilantro fresh lime, fresh jalapeno
- Drain the cans of beans and corn.
- Pour all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stir together, and then pour into a serving bowl. Serve with tortilla chips! Easy, peasy!
Love this recipe and want to remember it for later?! Save it to your favorite Pinterest Board!