Raise your hand if you love kolaches! Raise your hand if you don’t want to go through the rigamarole of making dough for homemade kolaches!
I have the perfect recipe for you – EASY crescent roll meat and cheese kolaches! Perfect for a snack or appetizer! Perfect for breakfast! Perfect for any time of day!
Customize these to your liking – use any kind of cheese, any kind of meat (bacon, breakfast sausage, deli meat…etc!), and add some jalapenos if you want. This is just a basic, easy recipe that you can tailor to your taste buds.
My favorite kind of recipe.
Get out some canned crescent rolls and keep 2 triangles together to make a rectangle.
Use a rolling pin to flatten them out a bit and secure the triangles together.
Add some shredded cheese and meat.
Jalapenos if you want!
Fold over the other half of the crescent roll and secure at the seams by pressing the top and bottom of the roll together.
Lay out each stuffed crescent roll on a baking pan and place in the oven (350 degrees) for about 12-14 minutes. (Those directions will vary depending on the crescent rolls you buy – see the recipe at the bottom of this post for more instructions!)
Then once they come out of the oven, serve ’em up for a great snack, appetizer, or for a yummy breakfast!
These are just absolutely delicious, and they’re so easy to make since you can use the pre-made crescent roll dough!
If you’re looking for another good option for breakfast, here’s the recipe for my VERY favorite breakfast casserole that I make all. the. time. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve given out this recipe to people who’ve asked for it – it’s SO GOOD! High protein, high flavor. High five.
My favorite time to have guests is a lazy Saturday morning – when friends or family have spent the night on Friday and we have nothing to do but hang out on Saturday. I love lingering over breakfast food, coffee, and conversation in our PJs. You know, lingering for so long that by the time you’re putting up the breakfast food, it’s time to start preparing lunch.
Having delicious breakfast food is a must for those kinds of mornings! I think both of these options will delight you and other hungry mouths at your house!
- 3 8-count cans of refrigerated, unbaked crescent rolls
- 1 c shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, pepperjack, etc)
- 12 pieces of cooked bacon OR 12 cooked breakfast sausage links OR 12 pieces of deli meat*
- Sliced jalapenos from a jar** (optional)
*You'll need to adjust the meat (mainly referring to bacon or deli meat - the breakfast sausage links shouldn't need to be shortened) to fit the crescent roll. If I use bacon, I tear the piece in half and then lay two halves on top of each other on the crescent roll. If you use deli meat, you'll just fold the deli meat in such a way that it'll fit on the crescent roll and still have room to fold the top half of the crescent roll over and seal it at the seams.
**I would use jarred sliced jalapenos rather than fresh - I think fresh jalapenos might be a little too crunchy on these.
A couple of comments:
1) You can use whatever kind of cheese you want on these. You also don't HAVE to use shredded cheese - you could use sliced cheese just as well. I just think the shredded cheese lays out a little more easily.
2) You can also use any kind of meat you want in these, it just needs to be cooked ahead of time.
3) As you can tell from the directions, some of these instructions will depend on your can of crescent rolls. The directions the crescent rolls I use for these (HEB brand) says to preheat the oven to 350 and cook for 12-14 minutes, so I follow those exact same instructions for baking these kolaches.
4) You can also add some cooked scrambled eggs to these if you want to add more protein for breakfast! Just cook some scrambled eggs and place them on top of the meat before you fold over the crescent roll and secure it at the seams.